7.17.2011

Blog-Crush

As soon as I jumped on the blog bandwagon, I started following Kate at Embarrassment of Riches.  She is a fellow New Yorker and she has a fabulous blog.  She is my go-to for food, fashion, and culture critiques in the city.  Added bonus - she AND her husband take amazing pictures.  Being the internet whore that I am, I also follow Kate on Twitter and recently saw some to-die-for nail pics that she tweeted.  



I am loving the gradient nail look!  Kate used Essie Mademoiselle as the base color.  She then sponged Strawberry Shortcake on from mid-nail and finished the tips with Jam & Jelly, both by Essie as well.  If you are interested in giving gradient nails a try, check out the YouTube video tutorial Kate shared with me.  It seems pretty simple and leaves lots of room for creativity as far as colors and glitter go.  I am so pumped to try this out myself.  Thanks Kate!

1 comment:

  1. I am grinning from ear to ear - you are too sweet! And the adoration is mutual!

    Can't wait for you to try the sponge technique out yourself! For anyone curious, it's easy to do this technique even if your nails aren't scary-long like the lady's in the YouTube tutorial.

    ReplyDelete