10.12.2011

Trick or Treat

Halloween is right around the corner and my creativity is seriously lacking this year.  I am usually one to go all-out with costumes (theme parties are my jam) but I am just not feeling festive right about now.  Creative costume notwithstanding, there are some fun Halloween nail ideas popping up all over my radar.  Sally Hansen has struck again in the form of Halloween-themed nail strips.  I am always a proponent of using these on an accent nail or two if the all-over look is a little too overwhelming for you (or your uber-professional workplace.)

If you have read my blog before, you know I am a fan of these easy to apply polish strips.  They last longer than polish (especially if you use a good top-coat) and look great!  The second Halloween nail look to discuss comes from Lauren Conrad's Beauty Department.  While I try to check up on LC and her beauty tips a few times a week (I am secretly DYING to dip dye my hair the rainbow shades she debuted this past summer ... shh), my cousin Erin, and blog author of HuddyP,  sent me this link and ordered me to blog about it.  Done and done.  


Fashionable Candy-Corn nails can be yours with orange, yellow, and white nail polish and a roll of scotch tape.  Lauren walks you through the painting process in 6 carefully detailed steps on her website.  I can vouch for this method - I am currently rocking color blocked nails courtesy of the scotch tape trick.  Happy Halloween painting - and good luck to those creating costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment