6.06.2011

White Out

Maybe it's the face I have some semblance of a tan on my formerly pasty limbs, or maybe I'm just defaulting to the old "after Memorial Day" adage, but I am so into white nail polish right now. (Please don't tell me I was the only innovative middle schooler who gave myself a white-out manicure during social studies class.)  My favorite way to wear this major summer look is stark white with a coat of clear gloss.  If you are just wanting to dip your toes into this trend, try an off-white or a sheer shimmery white. 

Scarlett Johansson rocks bold white nails.

Eva Longoria wearing a more sheer shade of white.

Keep in mind, you want to buy a quality polish when going white.  For some reason, white chips a little faster and the better polish you use, the longer you stay on-trend.  Here are a few to look out for:

OPI has a few bold, bright whites - Funny Bunny, Pearl of Wisdom, and Alpine Snow

Essie - blanc and picket fence are creamy rich whites, while oui madame is pearlized and marshmellow is a sheer white.  




No comments:

Post a Comment