6.17.2011

Purple Ombre

I blogged about Ombre Nail Polish a few months ago and have been dying to test this look out.  Apparently, my sister, nail polish enthusiast that she is, rocks this look frequently. 

Exhibit A: Meaghan's turquise ombre



I was in Annapolis with my sister last weekend and decided to give green ombre a go.  The major hurdle with this very precise look is that its really hard to get just the right "blend."  You might have four ideal shades of green, but then the fifth one is just off.   After careful deliberation and a very thorough search through my extensive polish collection, I decided to paint my nails Purple Ombre this week.  I am almost totally satisfied with the finished product.  I think the darkest shade is a little bit too dark, but like I said, this is harder than you think!

*side note: please excuse those "things" on the ends of my fingertips that once resembled decent looking fingernails.  I am still recovering from my feast.  

BTW, I found this amazing ring today at H&M!


1 comment:

  1. Tears of cry - I've tried two different browsers and can't see these pictures! I am dying to check out your ombre nails!

    ReplyDelete