8.01.2011

My True Obsessions

For as long as I can remember, I have had an affinity for two things: celebrities (and all of their gossip) and leopard print.  In high school I covered the ceiling fan blades in my bedroom with celebrity "hot boys" (yes, I actually used that exact phrase to describe the mod-podged mess I looked at each night.)  I almost had to go to rehab for my Olsen-Obsession in college (I wanted to be their "triplet.")  I would be lying if I told you I didn't drink the Kardashian Kool-Aid a few years ago.  While I would like to think I have grown beyond all of these short-lived but oh-so-addictive phases, I know that will never be the case.  The first thing I check when I get home everyday is dlisted.  I have at least 4 celeb-gossip ap's on my phone.  I cancelled my subscription to Us Weekly because by the time I received the mag, everything in it was "old news" to me.  
Moving on, one thing that I do use my shameless Internet and glossy addiction for is - INSPIRATION.  This is the Dream Board I have in my apartment.  My roommate and I made these by tacking up spray-painted silver cork board squares onto a fabulous chartreuse accent wall.  It's one of my favorite things in my apartment (and obviously, a conversation piece.)  




I am not lying when I tell you I have magazine cuttings from at least 7 years ago on this thing.  I have everything from shoes, hairstyles, overall style, apartments, quotes, and fashionable celebs on my dream board.  There has been a fabulous leopard mani posted on this board for quite some time.  I have tried to recreate the look many-a-times, always with results that look like I had an epileptic fit while while I was painting.  Here is my signature print (classy, I know) in all of it's manicured glory:


This is the most ghetto picture ever, but you get the point.  My phone does not take the most glamorous photos in accordance with the harsh recessed lighting.  I love the gold, coral, and black leopard look.  This is so old I can't even remember where I saw it or what magazine I cut this from, but it's been front and center on my board and in my mind for quite some time.  I am thrilled to say, I have finally mastered this look!  Thanks in huge part to this tutorial from @Jezebel leopard print nails are now a part of my reality.  Their step-by-step breakdown is way more concise than mine would be, so I"ll let you follow this link to achieve this look for yourself.  *Hint: if all-over-leopard is a little too much look for you try doing an accent nail or two per hand.  The good thing about leopard is, you can try any color-combo you want (traditional or wild!)  Here is my finished product, as inspired by my dream board:




No comments:

Post a Comment