9.01.2011

End of Summer Blues

September is here and I have to say, it's very bittersweet.  I have to admit, while autumn if by far my favorite season, it's always hard to let summer go.  It feels like just yesterday I was hitting the shore for Memorial Day, and now I'm packed and ready to celebrate Labor Day (what are we celebrating?)  In honor of the occasion, I applied a fresh coat of polish (obvi.)  Since so many of us are having a hard time saying farewell to summer, I chose blue (get it?)  I have seen too many shades of pastel blue, aqua, and teal all summer long.  While I love pastels and brights, I am ready for a change.  My go-to winter blue has been Russian Navy by OPI for the past two winters, and while I love it, I'm just not ready to take the plunge quite yet.  I picked up Royal by Revlon at Duane Reade today and it's just what the doctor ordered.  Not too bright, not a pastel, and not quite as vampy as a navy, this shade is the perfect way to  transition to a new season.  

Bonus - It dries in 60 seconds!! (for real)

Please excuse these budget photos of my nails.  Yes, those are my pink leopard pajama pants used as an unfashionable background.  Don't judge.






No comments:

Post a Comment