9.11.2011

Nails of Gold

As any blogger knows, I can't do this job alone.  Luckily for me, my friends are great about texting, calling, and emailing nail "tips" to me all the time.  Giving credit where credit is due, my good friend Mikey called me after leaving the New Museum to tell me about real gold nails he saw there.  The inner Cleopatra in me (you know we all have one) went straight to the museum's website to investigate.  It seems that, in honor of MBFW, Dzine has set up a pop-up nail salon within the New Museum, in collaboration with Salon94 and The Standard Hotel.  How much swankier can you get?  For three Saturdays this month, museum goers can receive free nail designs courtesy of Dzine, in relation to Kustom Kulture.  While the mobile salon is already totally booked, you can score a set of gold nails to do at home - if you have an extra $250.    Dzine's Pinky Nails Edition includes a set of 40 totally unique 24 karat gold-plated nails, including wild 3-D designs and some gem-stones (available in New Museum Store and online.)  Maybe King Midas was on to something?  





1 comment:

  1. Gold nails would look fab but not very practical for day to day living!!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete