1.31.2012

Pretty Pastels

This past weekend, I decided to take a walk on the wild side.  

ASOS-hair-DIY-4

No, not this wild.  However I LOVE this bright braided look, courtesy of Refinery29.  Instead, I tried "chalking."  No, this is not something happening in bar bathrooms across NYC.  It did happen in my bathroom and I have the pros and cons for you.  



The Beauty Department gives you the play by play to achieving this look here.  Basically,  you twist your strands as you color them with dry chalk pastels.  I have been dying for this look since LC debuted colored tips over the summer.  After much twisting and making a powdery mess of my bathroom, my tips were colored, but you could hardly see it.  If anything, the chalk made a mess and has left my hair feeling like I washed it repeatedly with glue and hairspray.  Not cute.  

In nail-related news (that is the point of this whole thing, right?), I had pretty pastel tips to compliment my lack of pastel hair tips.  



Colors used - Revlon Minty, American Apparel in Summer Peach, and Rumple's Wiggin by OPI




2 comments:

  1. try wetting your hair and then chalking it? i think that's the way to transfer the dye from the pastel more strongly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm personally a big fan of theofficialnailpolishblog blog. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete