2.28.2011

Vacay Recap

So as I previously reported, I spent the week in Ireland last week.  While there, I changed polish a few times, took note of fun Irish girls' nails, and encountered some a-ma-zing Irish/Brit girl fashion.  Here is the basic recap:

I changed polish three times.  A bit excessive, I know.  But to be fair, once I painted them in the car (we road-tripped all week) and the other time I painted them after a few too many pints (which didn't end up very well).  Here are a few shots of my nail looks while there:

look one

look two

look three

and just to spice this post up a little....here is how I spent part of the car ride to Dublin (thanks Jared!)


Now, on to the fashion.  Here is what all the hip Irish girls are wearing these days:

1. Patterned Tights
          This is usually in a lace variety, sometimes with a subtle floral or animal print as well though.


2.  Jean shorts with tights (don't cringe, give it a chance).
          The tights usually worn under this "look" were typically black.  I have to say, I gave myself a pat on the back for packing my cut-offs and tights.


My feeble attempt at the look - fyi, there is a fabulous story behind this picture and I had looked a little better a few shots, pints, and hours earlier.

3.  Last but not least, TEASED HAIR.  I don't just mean teased, I mean FULL ON rats nests on these girls heads (and I say that with love and respect).  I seriously don't know how these girls brush there hair out, ever.  I love a good hair tease, but I have to say Irish Lasses take it to a-nother level.  Dying to perfect my rat tail comb method.  



                   




No comments:

Post a Comment