3.07.2011

Spring Fever

As I was rendered helpless in bed from a semi-crippling hangover yesterday (Hoboken St. Patty's Day got me real good), I began to contemplate my spring nail polish wish list.  I was way to ill to take on re-painting my chipped digits (painted to resemble the Irish flag), but I was able to do some spring polish research.  While I love the dark shades that winter brings (black, navy, brown, etc.) I am eager to slap some pastel polish on.  I have major spring fever, and even if my wardrobe cannot currently reflect that, hopefully my fingers can.  That being said, here are my top five trends for spring nails:

1.  NUDE! And I don't mean Ballet Slippers. I am talking about actual flesh colored polish.  The same way nude pumps elongate the legs, nude polish can make your fingers look longer and more slender.  I am so loving this very polished look.

OPI San Tan Tonio via

2.  Lavender.  I know I have copped to having a serious lavender fetish last spring.  I won't even try to tell you it wasn't directly influenced by Khloe Kardashian's nails.  Rumple's Wiggin from the OPI Shrek Collection was seriously my jam and I have a feeling I'll be hitting it hard again this year.  I got soooo many compliments on this color and it screams SPRING!  


3.  Peach.  Keeping with the pastel trend, my next shade du-jour is peach.  I can totally see this color on some nice tanned hands.  American Apparel has some amazing nail polish shades, and this is no exception.  The color is called Summer Peach and I am just dying to get my hands on it (haha).


4.  Turquoise.  I have already nailed this spring trend prediction.  While turquoise nails are not for the faint of heart or hand, it is a fun spring-y look.  I actually recently found a shade of turquoise a little lighter than the one I have already rocked and I am looking forward to trying it out.  Not only is the color eye-popping, but it comes in a nail polish pen! What's not to love?

Nic's Sticks by OPI in Baby Go Bye-Bye via

5.  Mint Green.  I cannot get enough of this color (and it has nothing to do with my love of mint-chocolate-chip ice cream).  It looks so fresh and crisp on all skin shades.  One of my girlfriends recently painted her nails this shade and text me mid-manicure.  I'm especially loving Chanel Jade.


Decisions, decisions.  What are your spring polish must-haves????

1 comment: