5.10.2011

Anchors Aweigh!

I finally did it - my first gel manicure.  I've been dying to get one forever, so while visiting my mom in Annapolis for the weekend, we went together.  Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
 - Easy process - about 45 minutes total
 - Super shiny nails (I can't stop looking at them)
 - Manicurist swears they'll last 3 weeks
 - Nail art can be done (and it was, rest assured)

Cons:
 - Very limited color choices (I honestly cannot remember the exact "brand" this was, I know it wasn't Shellac or Opi)
 - I already peeled polish off of one thumb and two other nails are dangerously close to being chipped away unless I sit on my hands...
 - It looks sort of thick (not as thick as acrylics look, but thick)


This bright coral was pretty much the best color American Nails in Annapolis, MD had.  I am still willing to give this whole gel thing another whirl.  Nine of my nails are still going pretty strong (I got crafy at home and blended colors to fix my thumb), and I think now that I'm back in NYC I can find a salon that uses a different gel polish brand (better colors).  Also, I think the reason why I had an issue with a thumb is because my manicurist was a little distracted and rushing - a very loud woman kept asking how much longer it would be for her acrylic fill ON HER TOES.

1 comment:

  1. DO NOT peel them off yourself! I did (twice) and it totally wrecked my nails. A month later and they still are a disaster. Love your anchor nail art :) My folks live over the Bay bridge from Annapolis!

    ReplyDelete