5.22.2011

One Trick Pony?

Lets get one thing straight, I'm team Britney.  There was definitely a point in time when I thought I would open AM New York and read "Britney Spears Body Found."  Totally morbid, I know, and I swear I just knocked on wood after I typed that, but it's so true.  Homegirl hit a serious rough patch and I know I am not alone in saying thank God she pulled through.  For real.  I recently saw photos of Brit Brit looking A-MA-ZING at a charity event for the St. Bernard Project, benefiting survivors of Hurricane Katrina.  Here's a look at pop's once and future princess proving why she deserves to reign.  

Britney Spears Recording artist Britney Spears attends An Evening of "Southern Style" presented by the St. Bernard Project & the Spears family at a private residence on May 11, 2011 in Beverly Hills, California.

After perusing pictures of Brit on every website and in every glossy, I came to realize, she just cannot change it up with her nails.  You know that Britney ALWAYS rocks square tip acrylic french-manicured talons. You can take the girl out of the strip mall in LA but you can take the...... I have just come to accept she is forever warped into my "save up all my babysitting money and get mom to drop me off at the salon circa 1996" nail look.  



If I said I would really live for a new nail look for Ms. Spears this summer (perhaps taking a cue from tour partner Ms. Minaj??) would you hold it against me?


1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see the salon that actually still applies acrylic square'd tips. I bet they do perms too.

    ReplyDelete