5.19.2011

I'm Just a Summer Girl

I know I'm not the only one who cannot get the Country Strong Soundtrack out of my head.   So what if I listen to Leighton Meester trying pull off country-pop on repeat.  That being said, I am seriously on the countdown to Memorial Day weekend, aka kickoff to Summer 2011.  I'll be at the Shore (Jersey) with fabulous friends and couldn't be more excited about it.  While NYC clearly hasn't gotten the memo that summer is just around the corner (rain, rain, rain, and more rain with chilly temps all week) my nails sure did.  


This was a very deliberate nail for me.  I was in search of the perfect shade of icy-minty-pastel-turquoise.  I couldn't get my hands on the right color so, as I often do, I improvised.  I slapped on one coat of Revlon's Jaded, topped with Kathy's Baby Blues by Brucci, and then added another layer of Jaded.  The palm tree was a true experiment.  I drew it myself, using nail art paint (that comes equipped with the tiniest brush ever.)  I have to say, my artistic skills surprised even me.  My right hand is slightly wonky - my tree looks a little wilted, but you can definitely still tell it's a palm tree.  Now, bring on the sand, sunshine, and country pop dance party.  

No comments:

Post a Comment