4.04.2011

40 Days and 40 Nights...

Disclaimer: Though this posting may be of a religious nature, please let it be known I am an equal opportunity blogger and nail enthusiast.

Now that Lent is about half-way over, I feel that I can let out a little Catholic steam.  When it came time to think of what to "give up" this year, many a friend suggested I give up painting my nails.  I just didn't see the point.  I did however, want to give up something challenging (last year, it was booze, I know I'm crazy).  I have decided to dedicate this posting to what me and my nails have been without for the past 20 (and future 20) days:

1.  WINE


What I wouldn't give to see my manicured hand wrapped around a glass of the good stuff.  It's not like I drink wine daily I don't, I swear!  It's just totally my "gateway drink" and laying off of it has not been easy.

2.  CHEESE


Sad but true, I haven't laid a finger on cheese in almost a month.  I can assure you all that after I march myself to church on Easter Sunday I will not pass go or collect $200 until I am seated at some sort of adorable outdoor table with a glass (bottle) of wine and cheese plate in front of me.

I realize that I haven't given a single nail "tip" today, but the issue at "hand" is this - these bubblegum pink nails are ready to be showcased with a chilled New Zealand Sauvingnon Blanc and an assortment of fromage!

In the meantime, I have kept myself busy drinking vodka-sodas  with some more Sally Hansen Salon Effects. This look, All Laced Up, received mixed reviews.  I think that it was a little darker and more wintry than I had anticipated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment